Class Descriptions & Offerings - Yin Yoga
Yin Yoga is a non-heated, gentle, and slow practice that uses gravity to stress the connective tissues of our ligaments, joints, deep fascial networks, and even our bones. It also works to release any blockages in the meridians which leads to improved organ functions. The poses are held for a longer period of time (3-8 minutes each), using the support of props (bolsters, blocks, and blankets) without pulling or activating the muscles. During the long holds you will focus on finding stillness in the body and the mind.
- Provides balance to your current Yang exercises
- Works the physical, energetic, and mental bodies
- Provides emotional releases – unlocks the “issues in the tissues” and improves organ functions
- Increases range of motion and assists in bringing your body into deep relaxation where healing is known to take placeType your paragraph here.
- August 2016: Yin Yoga - 50 hour intensive with Bernie Clark and Diana Batts
- September 2016: Yin Yoga - 25 hour training with Joe Barnett
- Additional Anatomy, Myofascial, and Fascia training taken with Leslie Kaminoff, Tom Myers, and Gil Hedley